How hard is starting a 501c3 nonprofit? Extremely - if you don’t know what you’re doing.
In this ultimate guide, nonprofit enthusiast Jennifer B. Herrin shares in simple terms how to legally structure your nonprofit to obtain and maintain 501c3 status, build a dynamic board, write a business plan, and secure funding.
This book is perfect for anyone who wants to start a nonprofit or who already has a nonprofit and wants to make sure they're in compliance with the law. Nonprofit founders, board members, officers, employees, volunteers, donors, and community partners can all benefit from this text.
The book includes information and direction intended to save each reader thousands of dollars in legal fees and a lot of time.
This book will share:
- Who should be paid vs who should be a volunteer?
- How to register your nonprofit legally with the state
- How to build a dynamic board of directors
- How to register to legally fundraise for your nonprofit in every state
- How to legally structure your nonprofit to avoid I.R.S. trouble
- Questions you should be able to answer about your organization and its programs/services
- How to obtain 501c3 tax exempt status
- How to maintain 501c3 tax exempt status
- A business plan outline and a description of what each section should entail
- And more